Saturday, June 7, 2008

Feast Review 1: MDawg Haute Dogs

So Jones and I were in Adams Morgan the other day shopping for venues for the EF summer banger. It's always a new experience in Adams Morgan during the day, you see shops you wouldn't necessarily see on a bar night. There was this spot I never been to before called Mdawg...since we recently started the new "Feast Review" segment of the blog I thought I might as well... So check out our first review, Mdawg, a hot dog spot in Adams Morgan:


So immediately upon entering this joint I tried to bang out. I've always believed that if you walk into a spot to feast, and nothing smells delicious then it's a wrap, they have nothing to offer me. So I went against my better judgement and checked out the menu. We had been making the environment green all day, so my conversation with the woman at the register got us nowhere. Maybe I was speaking a different language, but for some odd reason she couldn't tell me which meal on the menu was the most delicious...soo i just said gimmie the regular with chilli and cheese. You can't go wrong with a chilli cheese dog!WRONG. I've learned you CAN go wrong with a chillie cheese dog...it turns out that these hot dogs taste alarmingly similar to ANY hot dog you'd get from a cart downtown. As noted by the facial expression, I avoided immediate regurgitation. Sike nah that joint was just standard, extremely standard...$6-8 bucks for edible garbage, sorry Charlz never eating here again. I shoulda known something was up when dude had to siphon the cheese out of the machine for a few minutes before he could use it. Son of A.Mdawg does have some healthy foods as well but I'm not so sure I'll be trying those menu items. Remember don't trust what you can't prove with your own research, so feel free to check Mdawg out, but you could just save money and get a "dirty-hands" dog from a cart downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment