Monday, June 9, 2008

Feast Review 2: Churreria Madrid

Bare with me on this review, I left my camera at the crib so all I had was Crackberry cam. The pics still came out pretty decent I'd say. Anyway, Pops put me on to a spot he used to take shorties back in his early DC days. It's called Churreria Madrid, a great look for a first date, lunch with shorty or even dinner with wifey


If you're going with a significant other make sure you arrive about an hour before sun set. This will give you time to order your aperitivos, meal, and first pitcher of Sangria. I strongly recommend the window seat 2nd floor near the front of the restaurant. You get a nice view of Adams Morgan, and you're positioned well to receive the sunset.
Full pitchers of Sangria for $10.00, can't argue with that! Sangria is the drink of the summer, it's what I order at every restaurant in my search for the perfect recipe. Churreria's sangria was pretty good, a bit sweet a soda-like but good non-the less.
I ordered the Huevos Con Chorizo, Patatas Fritas y Piemientos Fritos. Seriously was a delicious meal of food. Oh yea that's two eggs, Spanish sausage, French fries, and fried green peppers for you non bi-lingual folk. The eggs peppers and sausage were all seasoned exceptionally well, especially since I'm not too big on green peppers. The meal reminded me of Brazilian style cuisine, simple ingredients but overwhelming flavor.
Yea, it's a wrap for that ballin, delicious meals of food are meant to be devoured.
I was surprised and excited to notice that Churreria has the best item on their dessert menu: CHURROS...yea this is gonna be the summer churro spot. Who doesn't love churros?

Churreria Madrid is a good look, I highly recommend checking this spot out and rate them 4 stars. Their happy hour runs 5-7pm and would be a great after work spot to grab a brew. The restaurant has an old school ambiance which is enhanced by soft Spanish music. The waiters are real chill too. They definitely hooked the extra Sangria up when they realized I was writing a review...If you want a delicious meal of food...hit up Churreria Madrid:

2505 Champlain St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20009
(P) 202 - 483 - 4441
(F) 202 - 986 - 9351

No comments:

Post a Comment