Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Major Music: Nasir

Nas is back with a few more leaked tracks off his upcoming album retitled “NAS.” The original title was supposed to be titled “Nigger”, but Nas was feeling too much heat from Def Jam executives and distribution centers. Here is the statement Nas released to the media:

"It's important to me that this album gets to the fans. It's been a long time coming. I want my fans to know that creatively and lyrically, they can expect the same content and the same messages. The people will always know what the real title of this album is and what to call it…They're scared for reasons I understand, but the fans gotta know either way: this is the same album.”

Hopefully this album will be released by July 1st, it's quite possible that this may be Nas' 2nd Illmatic. For those who don’t know that means: it's a classic. The track below is titled N.I.G.G.E.R. (The Slave & The Master). Nas' lyrics are on point. Leave your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment