Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Feast Review 7: Tito's Tacos

So upon our arrival to LA our cousins told us that Titos Tacos is a must for Feast Review. So after a few burger reviews we decided to take a break and hit up some tacos. Honestly had no idea what to expect...I've never ordered tacos in a restaurant(always order fajitas) so my knowledge of delicious tacos extended as far as home cooked and Taco Bell. Sad but true, so when I heard there was an authentic Taco Stand and it was a LA must see, we were off! Teleport for the feast review:


Lil cuz Lexi was in charge of this feast review, so I threw here a wad of cash and said order what you think will be delicious. Broham and I went and found some nice outdoor seating and waited for her to come back with the food. When we saw her walking with two box packages we didn't know what to think, until we opened them...
Now this is what I call a feast! 15 tacos, 5 per person contest...fixings, and a chicken enchilada under all those tortilla chips! We split the tacos, and started applying the fixings.
So at first we only say the salsa and guacamole, I wondered where the sour cream was but Lexi let us know they don't provide that condiment...disappointment.
Feast bite, and devoured that damn taco.
Once we ate a handful of tortillas we realized there were beans, rice, and spicy picante sauce underneath...nice surprise to make up for the lack of sour cream.I don't know how the bloodclot he did it, but broham punished 5 tacos straight up!
Finishing the 4th was a little tough, but delicious.
On to the 5th...nope sry charlz gotta know your feast limit. I stopped at 4, so did Lexi, broham you win this one. Titos tacos was an interesting experience...when you bite into the taco there is no rush of flavor or anything. It's just average I'd say. The meat was poorly seasoned, there weren't any tomatoes or sour cream, and the guacamole was entirely too runny. I prefer the hand made guacamole to the blended kind. Honestly the only reason I continued eating these tacos was because we were in competition, don't get me wrong they were average/good just not overwhelmingly delicious, as I expect all feast review food to be. Each taco became soupy because the meat was so greasy, and not one taco kept form. Titos didn't even have chicken burritos or anything, I thought that was odd, but I'm sure they pass it as "authentic". I even felt a bit sick after the 4 tacos, sitting there blown, thinking to myself, "what have I done". I rate Titos Tacos 4/5 on the feast meter but 2.9/5 on the delicious meter. Go here if you're smacked or just passing by.

check their website...sooo annoying Titos Tacos

1 comment:

  1. I ain't even gon front, that food looked poppin and I prolly woulda fucked it up too

    ReplyDelete