Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Generation Of Change

Former first daughter Caroline Kennedy has thrown her support behind Sen. Barack Obama, calling him the presidential candidate most capable of carrying on the legacy of her late father, John F. Kennedy.

Caroline Kennedy's endorsement is a key one for Obama, whose camp has sought to portray him as a worthy
heir to the former president's "Camelot" image.

Yet it remains to be seen whether Kennedy's uncle and Democratic party heavyweight Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) will also come out in favor of Obama ahead of the Feb. 5 primaries.

In a column today in the New York Times, titled ''A president like my father,'' Caroline Kennedy said she is backing Obama because he offers the same uplifting message of hope and change that her father did when he ran for president in 1960.

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them. But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president -- not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans," Kennedy wrote in the editorial.

Out with the old and in with the new-school...change in 08!

No comments:

Post a Comment