Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Schoeni Art Gallery Presents Banksy

I'm sure Schoeni Art Gallery is immensely thrilled to present the gallery’s first urban art exhibition Banksy – The World’s Most Controversial Street and Stencil Artist in association with Fabrik Contemporary Art and the Helium Foundation, UK. Banksy is undoubtedly the world’s most famous street and stencil artist of our time and a pre-eminent figure whose’ works encompass the culture of the generation we live in. If you're in Hong Kong you will not want to miss this. Check out some of the gallery below.

“You can imagine that much of the past four years that I have been running the gallery years were spent trying to pace the changes in my life with the rhythm of my father’s gallery. Now that I am on the same beat, I want to begin making my own innovations, such as bringing the urban art scene overseas to Asia. As a student in London I came across Banksy’s works on the streets – it has always been my dream to show his works in Hong Kong and to share his wit and his art of communicating controversial and confrontational subjects about the world we live in today through simplistic means.”

- Nicole Schoen


Vernissage: 6:30pm – 8:30pm, 29TH April 2008

Exhibition: 30 April – 13 May 2008

Venue: Main Gallery 21-31 Old Bailey Street, Central, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment