Sunday, November 23, 2008

808's & Heartbreak: Kanye West's Major Music Review

Fresh off the AMA win Mr. West is back with his fourth album 808s & Heartbreak and its set to debut November 24th. This album was a big surprise to be honest because I was already writing it off as a Huff version of Andre 3000's "Love Below" and Pe$0 can co-sign that haha, but 808’s and HeartBreak is a good album and perfect alternative pick. This album has 11 tracks and each song has a similar vibe to make the album a complete package. Some songs like “streetlights” and “say you will” are good tracks, but they would have been even better tracks if he wrote or produced it for someone like Chris Martin or Santogold. Tracks like “Paranoid” and “Amazing” have more of Kanye West vibe and they could have been on any of his previous albums. Teleport to listen to "Amazing" and read the rest of the review:


"Amazing"







Ye also has a duet with no other that Lil wayne on the track “See you in my nightmares”. This album only has room for one Rapper/voicebox singer. That song would have been a crack collabo if Lil Wayne would have just spit a 16 like how Young Jeezy did on “Amazing”, instead of singing and sounding like trash. You can tell Weezy was trying to outshine Ye but he was unsuccessful.Kanye West 808’s and Heartbreak won’t be a waste of time if you add it to your current playlist. It’s different and not annoying like I thought it would be and I definitely recommend it.

-Major

7 comments:

  1. That's Kanyes new clothing line right? when is Pastelle coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major you are a fantastic writer!! this is excellent.. you should start your own gossip website you'd be great

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shades are insane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck Kanye, MAJOR MUSIC IS BACK!!!!

    haha Welcome Back Major

    I plan on settin aside time to listen to the album tho. Hopefully over Thanksgiving Break . . . I'll get back with my opinion on whether I agree or not.

    And yes you did refer to it as a huff Love Below, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuck Kanye, MAJOR MUSIC IS BACK!!!!

    haha Welcome Back Major

    I plan on settin aside time to listen to the album tho. Hopefully over Thanksgiving Break . . . I'll get back with my opinion on whether I agree or not.

    And yes you did refer to it as a huff Love Below, haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. how come his jacket is so tight??? and i agree wit the review until u got to weezy. i luv everything WEEZY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I was like Kanye singing on a whole album, Oh Fuck No!!! But after reading this review I downloaded it (of course) and I actually love it. I'm kinda mad that I do. Thanks Major Music!

    ReplyDelete