Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Notch On The Belt


Civil rights leader John Lewis dropped his support for Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential bid Wednesday in favor of Barack Obama.

Lewis, a Democratic congressman from Atlanta, is the most prominent black leader to defect from Clinton's campaign in the face of near-unanimous black support for Obama in recent voting. He also is a superdelegate who gets a vote at this summer's national convention in Denver.

"After taking some time for serious reflection on this issue, I have decided that when I cast my vote as a superdelegate at the Democratic convention, it is my duty as a representative of the 5th Congressional District to express the will of the people," Lewis said in a statement. "As a U.S. representative, it is my role not to try to subdue or suppress the will of the people, but to help it prosper and grow."

click here for full story:Lewis Switches to Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment